INTRODUCTION: This is the first book of the Pentateuch, the five books of the law of Moses.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this chapter you should be able to:
- Write the Key Verse (Gen 3:15, CSB)
- Identify the author, date, type of book, and original audience of Genesis
- Explain the purpose of the book
- Understand some of the cultural issues of the original hearers
- Know the life stories of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph
- Name some principles of application from this book
- Take a Self-Test
Image via Wikimedia Commons This painting of scenes from Genesis inside the roof of a church is from about 1210 AD.
Go to Chapter 6: Exodus