Upon completion of this chapter you should be able to:
- Write the Key Verse from memory.
- Understand why New Testament quotes of the Old Testament often vary from the Old Testament verses in English Bibles.
- Explain why knowing the culture of the original readers is important.
- See how ancient literature fills in the gaps in our understanding of the Bible.
- Understand Gen 1–2:3 as if you were an Israelite slave freed from Egypt.
- Take a Self-Test
Image via Wikimedia Commons This photo is of a ziggurat, a man-made mountain to help the gods travel between heaven, the earth, and the place of the dead.