1. God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end (Eccl 3:11).
2. The Greek translation of the Old Testament
3. Hebrew and Greek words often have more than one meaning. Many New Testament authors used a Greek translation, rather than the Hebrew Bible.
4. We can fail to see what the author meant, and we can see things from our culture which the author did not intend to say.
5. Both had rules for what to do when someone caused the loss of another person’s eye.
6. The Code of Hammurabi had different penalties based upon the rank of the injured person. God treats everyone their social status is.