It is important to understand the differences between our culture and the culture of the original readers of each book of the bible. Upon completion of this chapter you should be able to:
- Write the Key Verse from memory.
- Understand why New Testament (NT) quotes of Old Testament (OT) verses are often different from the Old Testament verses in English Bibles.
- Explain why knowing the culture of the original readers is important.
- See how ancient literature helps us understand the Bible.
- Think about Gen 1–2:3 as if you were an Israelite slave freed from Egypt.
- Take a Self-Test